BlueLight Anti-Spam Policy
Basically, don't do it.
If you do, your account will be closed and your activities will be forwarded to the proper authorities.
Abuse of our Internet access and email account services is considered a violation of our "Acceptable Use Guidelines"and "Terms of Service."
One of the most serious abuses is using your account to send unsolicited commercial email, otherwise known as "spam." The following are examples of spam (but not limited to) and are blatantly contrary to our "Acceptable Use Guidelines" and "Terms of Service."
Prohibited Email Activities:
Inappropriate Email Activities:
- Commercial email: Defined as sending unsolicited commercial emails.
This is prohibited. You are not permitted to use your BlueLight account or email alias/account to send unsolicited commercial or private email.
Using an email address hosted anywhere on BlueLight's service to collect responses from unsolicited commercial email is prohibited.
- Mail bombing: Defined as sending large volumes of unsolicited email to individuals from your BlueLight account.
This is strictly prohibited.
- Harassment: Defined as sending threatening or harassing email after being requested to stop, is prohibited.
Extremely threatening or harassing email never is allowed.
- Fraud: Defined as incorporating a false subject line, false return address or false transmission path into any email sent using BlueLight's service.
- Newsgroup spamming: Defined as excessive cross-posting, or posting the same article to several newsgroups. This is prohibited.
Generally accepted standards allow no more than 15 newsgroups, or cross-postings, for a single article or substantially similar articles. Such articles will be deleted. You are not allowed to use your BlueLight based mail to spam the newsgroups.
- Off topic or inappropriate postings: There is no restriction on content, except as defined by each newsgroup. Continued posting of off-topic articles is prohibited. Please note that commercial advertisements are off-topic in the vast majority of newsgroups.
We take a very strict line against spam. It is one of the most annoying things encountered on the Internet. Any BlueLight customer found to be spamming will have his or her account deleted.
If we find that you have violated our Acceptable Usage Policy, we will report you and the incident to the proper local, state and federal authorities.
We are not attempting to censor, nor are we attempting to curtail the business of our customers. But as a whole, spamming hurts our members and us more than it helps the one spammer. Do yourself and us a favor. Don't do it!
To report a case of spamming, please email email@example.com.
Thanks for your consideration.